The term “Property Registration” refers to verification & registration of legal property documents in the registrar’s office, made under the provision of the registration act of 1908. This is a very important step to legally claim ownership of the property and very helpful in the future for further transactions like resale or loan against property.
Now come to the point and let’s talk about everything you need to know about property registration in Delhi.
Property Registration in Delhi
The property registration in Delhi comes under the registration act of 1908 and it legally handovers the rights of the property to the owner. In Delhi, this process is done at the sub-registrar offices which have all the documentation details of past registered properties. Before property registration in Delhi, one must have deep knowledge about legal formalities and mandatory documentation.
Documents required for property registration
Different types of documents are required for property registration in Delhi like:-
- Sale Deed
- Title Deed
- Conveyance Deed
- The Will
- Gift Deed
- Lease Deed etc.
All of these documents have a different process for registration with the revenue department.
Where does the registration process take place?
Property registration in Delhi is performed on any working day at the nearest Jurisdiction of Sub Registrar’s office in your district.
Papers or Documents required for the property registration
- Photocopy of every property-related documents
- Passport size photos of buyer & seller
- Two witness
- ID proof of buyer, Seller, and Witnesses (Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card, Passport or any ID proof issued by Government of India)
- NOC from Tehsildar of subdivision of the District confirming that property Ids are not under any government acquisition.
- Clearance certificate from Income Tax department-approved as Pro-forma 34A from concerned Income Tax officer for the transaction above Rs. 5 Lacs.
- Approval from the concerned authority in the prescribed Pro-forma 37 I for the transaction above Rs. 5 Lacs.
Property Registration Procedure in Delhi
- Organizing a deed for property registration
- Estimation of registration charges & stamp duty
- Buy required value stamp paper
- Take an appointment from sub-registrar office
- Visit the office of sup-registrar
It is very important to verify whether the property has any previous defaulter history or has any disagreements over it to confirm that the property is safe for you or not.
Property Registration Fees
- Stamp duty and transfer duty @ 4% if the vendee is a woman and @ 6% if the vendee is a man
- The registration fee is 1% of the total value of Sale Deed + Rs. 100/- pasting charge
Before the registration of property in Delhi, you must stay updated on the changing fees of stamp duty & registration charges which can differ from one district to another.
1: How To Make Your Home Eco Friendly In 2022?